Return to Index of Answers
- 1. Rāma with together with his sister to the town. In the town his sister saw the river. She said to Rāma, "hey Rāma look at the splendour of the river!" Rāma said to his sister, "hey sister you only see the river. That women standing on the river bank is your mother-in-law. If she sees you, see might not be pleased. "Therefore you should go straight home!", he said. The sister of Rāma said to Rāma "if she is my mother-in-law, there is also her mother-in-law in the house. When the mother-in-law saw Rāma's sister, the she said "hey daugher-in-law, you saw me at the river bank. "Don't tell this to my mother-in-law!", she said. Then the mother-in-law and her daughter-in-law went home together.
- 2. Which woman is your wife?
- 3. Which mother is my mother-in-law?
- 4. The girl must dance in the assembly of the king!
- 5. Who sees my wife?
- 6. He who would touch my wife, him I would strike.
- 7. The mother of my sister has seen the splendour in the creeper.
- 8. The army stands beyond the river. (literally "in the beyond")